Frequently Asked Questions
- Who decides if a trip is to be canceled?
The Captain and Long Island Whale & Seal Watching are the only ones to cancel a trip.
- Where are you located?
- Is there parking?
Yes, We do have a parking lot located right across the street from the Starstream VIII and Captain Lou Building. It is on the right-hand side of atomic wings, and a member of our crew will normally be at the parking lot directing traffic.
- How do I know if my trip has been canceled?
- Why is my trip canceled?
- How do I purchase my tickets?
- Can I make a phone reservation?
- Do you offer a group discount?
Due to Covid-19, we have suspended our group discount.
- Can I transfer or get a refund for my tickets if a trip is not canceled by Long Island Whale & Seal Watching and it is raining/windy?
No, we sail rain or shine. If the trip you have purchased a ticket for is still sailing, you can not get a refund or transfer for your tickets even if there is rain. You can choose not to go on the trip, but we will not give out any refunds unless the trip has been canceled by Long Island Whale & Seal Watching directly.
- Can I get a refund?
We do not accept any refunds or transfers on these trips. Think of it as buying a ticket for a concert or sporting event. If you wish to re-sell your ticket you are free to do so. Please see our Terms and Conditions page for more information.
- I purchased a gift card can I get a refund?
Gift Cards are non-refundable. Please visit our Terms and Conditions page for more information.
- How do I cancel my trip?
We do not refund any of the Whale and Seal watching cruise tickets. You can cancel by contacting us at (516) 544-6698 or by Email firstname.lastname@example.org, but you will not receive a refund unless the trip has been canceled by Long Island Whale & Seal Watching.
- What the best way to contact us?
- I went to Groupon and can not find any tickets?
Due to limited room on each trip, we have suspended our 2021 Groupon special.
- How old should my child be to join on a whale or seal watching trip?
We ask that children under one year of age should not be brought with you on these trips for safety reasons. Your child should be able to walk and talk before they go for their first whale or seal watching trip.
- What do you consider a child's fare?
Children 12 and under are eligible for a child fare.
- My child is over one year of age but still very young do I need to buy a ticket?
Please contact us to assess the child's age and see if the purchase of a ticket is necessary.
- Can I bring my dog on the boat with me?
Unless you can show proper documentation that the dog is a licensed therapy or guide dog unfortunately we can not allow any animals on the boat for these trips. However, the Captain Lou Fleet does have special dog cruises during the summer months.
- Are you part of the Captain Lou Fleet?
Yes! All of the trips for Whale and Seal watching are aboard one of the Captain Lou Fleet vessels.